Thursday, November 25, 2010

Hypothetical Problem

My friend called me up to ask a favor. Since he is taking up some post-graduate subjects, he needs to come up with a hypothetical problem about any medical-surgical condition. At first, I thought it was kind of hard because of the fact that is imaginary. When I went to a clinic later that day, I met a patient who was seated right across the opposite room. While waiting for my doctor, I can't help but notice his physical appearance and gestures. By simply looking at him, I thought he has a Bell's palsy because half side of his face is paralyzed. However, I'm a bit confused since both of his knees are swollen, which looks like arthritis. But when he finally spoke to one of his caretaker that is when I noticed he also has difficulty of conveying his thoughts. From then, I came up with an impression that it has something to do with neurological condition. Since I got curious, I politely asked his companion about his condition and he told me those are actually Lyme disease symptoms. Because I don't have much idea about it, I just listened without giving a single comment at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment