Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Form of Culture Shock

I can't believe what I saw. When I first came here in Singapore, I was kind of shocked upon seeing quite a number of youngsters in complete uniform carrying with them high-powered guns. There were like roving endlessly around the train station as if looking for somebody. At first, I thought they were just like into a sort of on-the-job-training and that they were deployed to certain areas as part of their drill. But in actuality, these teens are referred to as police officers doing their respective duties. I can just imagine how your reaction would be, which is just like mine initially. All boys are obliged to serve their country for two years as soon as they graduate from high school. Thus, they are really moulded to become competent law enforcers with a good groundwork in a military school setting. This is the main reason why peace and safety of the country in general is well-maintained. I just wish other nations including ours would imitate such act for the well-being of its citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment