Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Changes with the Passage of Time

Time passes by so swiftly that sometimes we don't even notice it come and go. Technology as well has come that far because it has made tremendous change in the lives of many. In fact, a lot of differences are observable at present as compared to decades ago. Particularly in school, students are really hands on when it comes to activities, be it science fair projects or mathematical experiments. One can clearly see the improvement when it comes to teaching strategies. Modes of teaching are continuously modified for the benefit of the students. Thus, using sensory stimuli in conjunction with the traditional delivery of subject matter are incorporated. It has been observed that acquisition of knowledge is faster in the presence of visual inputs.

As a parent, I enjoy seeing my daughter learn new things every day. Thus, I always make it a point to extend my support by accompanying her every time she has to buy materials for their workshop. I give suggestions with regards to color combination when needed. Though at times it is unavoidable to encounter difficulties especially on the process of making, I avoid helping her out as much as possible. Of course, I give instructions to at least guide her. This is for her to learn on her own instead of depending on others.

No comments:

Post a Comment