Monday, October 25, 2010

Exact Opposite

In the Philippines, people are very busy again since they are about to exercise their rights to vote for their local officials. You can see several policemen roaming around within the locality. They are tasked to maintain peace and order because it is a common occurrence to witness chaos during elections. However while I was pondering on the situation, I suddenly remembered something during my stay in Singapore. I noticed was that most of the law enforcement officers are full-grown, stout adults. Unlike in Singapore, theirs are young and lean adolescent cops. This is because all of their male citizens are mandated by law to enroll in military schools in preparation for battles. They are trained to serve and defend their country against sudden upheaval. Such mind baffling thought simply made me smile. Anyways, we have different laws to be followed. I just wish that harmony will reign and honest results will prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment